In our previous blog we discussed about Open and Closed system. Continuing with our discussion on Domain 3; Lets understand the security mechanism used in such system.
- Process Confinement aka Sandboxing.
- Access Controls
- Defense in depth
- Trust & Assurance.
A mandatory access control (MAC) system operates in different security modes at various times, based on variables such as
- Sensitivity of data
- The clearance level of the user
- The actions users are authorized to take
There are four different modes.
- Dedicated security mode
- System High Security mode
- Compartmented Security mode
- Multilevel Security mode
Refer to below picture for detail descriptions of these modes.